Click here to view available Logo selection for your documents
On July 1st. 2017 Bothwell is celebrating 150 years of history. Part of that rich history is none other than that of Bothwell Minor Hockey. Established for the 1973-74 season Bothwell Minor Hockey quickly rose to become one of the most successful small town organizations in the province.
It is for that reason that we intend to hold a minor hockey reunion in conjunction with the towns celebration. We are inviting any-7one who has had any association with our minor organization to join us on this day.
We will gather in the morning of Sat. July 1st. 10 AM at the Bothwell Area Sport Centre.
Name tags will be provided with registration and memorabilia will be on display. Mingling and meeting old acquaintances will begin immediately.
Ceremony will commence at 11:30 AM which will include guest speaker Brian Wiseman coach of UofM Wolverines Hockey Club.
We intend to conclude our portion of the celebration by 1PM, so those in attendance can enjoy all the events that are scheduled during the afternoon and evening.
We encourage everyone to keep their name tags on for the day and continue the reunion comradery throughout.
Calendar of Activities for 2016-2017
- December 2nd Santa Claus Parade at 7 pm. Start at the arena to the Legion Hall to meet and greet Santa & Mrs. Claus.
- December 11: BARAC Family Xmas Skate 3:30-5:30 Bothwell Arena
- Plans are being worked for another successful Women’s Symposium May 7th. This year our venue will be in the Arena. Tickets are available now for special Christmas stocking stockers. Call Cheryl Lindsay, or Stacy Browe. Our speaker schedule is nearly complete and we promise a real change of events.
- This the season to be jolly: On line Registration begins soon, check the website www.bothwellontario.ca. Home Coming event packages are offered, this is your opportunity to buy Christmas gifts that will bring family & friends to Bothwell’s Home Coming July 1, 2017.
- Saloon Night is the kick-off for our 2017 events, January 21th; this is a costume dance, entertainment, and games. Start time 8:30 at the Bothwell Legion. This is symbolic of the 1860’s Oil Boom, why sit home, come and mingle with friends and enjoy days gone by. Tickets available from Kelly Hamilton, Barbara Lagace, Pat Chipperfield, Theresa Bell, Pat Board.
- January 22, time 2 – 4, is the official Anniversary of the Incorporation of Bothwell & Bothwell County. The public is invited to free entertainment in the theatre followed by the unveiling of our Legacy project in the senior’s room. Refreshments will be serviced.
- April: Ladies you are invited to a 150th Tea Party where you can make a hat sip tea and nibble on sweets. More information to follow.
- May 7: Mark on your calendar Women’s Symposium, a special day out at Bothwell Arena. Tickets available now call Stacy Browe, Cheryl Lindsay, Lindsay Verhelle, Marion Matt and Gina Roberts.
- July 1: Bothwell’s 150th Home Coming Preliminary Schedule
- Registration: senior’s Room Town Hall, & Arena
- Bothwell Minor Hockey Reunion
- Old Auto Mini Car Show
- Gathering Place, refreshments
- Kids Games/Smoke House
- Face painting/ photo booth
- Carving Demonstrations
- Art & Craft vendors
- Sloan’s Kiddy ride
- Friends of North Buxton Male Choir
- Delaware Dancers
- Opening Ceremonies
- George Browns Garden Party
- Street Hockey Tournament
- Dog Show
- South Middlesex Acting Krew
- Chatham Concert Band
- Appin Abattoir Dinner service
- Fire works
- Complete listing and map to follow
- Everything hinges on the Support of your community, donate to make this once in a lifetime Anniversary completely possible.
- Volunteers are needed please call 519-695-2096 to offer your time and talents. Make Bothwell the place to be in 2017.
Business Name Phone Number Bothwell Area Sports Centre 519 -695-2827 Bothwell Fire Department STN 9 519-695-3507 Bothwell Municipal Office & Library 519-695-2844 Bothwell Public works Dept. 519- 692-4546 or 692-4891 Bothwell Senior Citizens 519-350-1977 Chatham-Kent Police 5519-436-6600
Business Name Phone Number Name Bothwell Boomtown Players 519-695-3301 Bothwell Community Boosters 519-695-2096 Bothwell Figure Skating Club 519-695-2827 Bothwell Legion Br 252 519-695-5863
Bothwell Men’s Hockey League 519-854-3260 Jordan Bray Bothwell Minor Baseball 519-695-2000 Bothwell Optimist 519-695-2942 Fairfield Museum 519-692-4397 Southwest Bullets Minor Hockey 519-287-2412 cell 519-615-3066
Business Name Phone Number Name Bothwell Baptist Church 519-695-2505 Bothwell Baptist Youth Group 519-695-5800 Bothwell Post Office 519-695-2824 Bothwell Wabash United Church 519-695-2921 Evangel Pentecostal Tabernacle 519-695-3524 Four Counties Health Alliance 519-693-4441 Parent Council Zone Central 519-350-6267 Cheryl Sinclair Service Ontario Centre 519-695-3543 Shetland Library 519-695-3330 Zone Township Central School 519-695-2739